Basics about Tire Protection Chains
Definition & Solutions
Steel protection with rubber mobility – strength and flexibility!
A tire protection chain can best be described as a very tight mesh that covers all the vulnerable parts of your tires on their tread and sidewalls to form a barrier against damages.
pewag goes big
Mining equipment both wheel loaders (WA 1200, CAT 994, LT 1850) and dump trucks (CAT 797, HD 930) are always getting bigger and heavier same as their tires (60/80-57; 59/80-63). pewag were first to fit chains on CAT 994 in 1992 and first in chaining the world largest tire 60/80-57 in 2003. 2007 in the lead again with the product launch of the new heavy duty TPC generation in 23mm.
pewag goes underground
Special reinforced chain solutions for underground mining designed by pewag are providing maximum strength, optimum wear volume as well as special flank protection by dense inside and outside mesh.
pewag goes high
The reliability of pewag traction chains from XS – XXL guarantee maximum safety and keep your mining operation rolling even in the highest mountains.
Earth Mover Tires, which represent the highest single cost factor for the operation of a wheeled unit, are sensitive to cuts, punctures and other damage. Their high value and world-wide-shortage means that pewag Tire Protection Chains solve many of these problems by providing the following advantages:
lower direct hourly operating costs by
- multiplied tire life leading to a significant reduction in tire costs
- predictable service life of tires and chains
- accurate budgeting
- minimal down-time due to tire failure
- maximum equipment availability
- improved stability, increased traction and better penetration for digging and break-out
- increased productivity in tonnages per hour
- optimum tire protection - reduced tire maintenance
- protection plus traction with chain use - safe operation even in the worst conditions (on rock, fire and ice)