High strength round steel and profile steel chains for hoists and chain drives
In our category hoist chains we offer a variety of high class chain types as well as services for the design of chain drives. The employment of chains with an intelligent and stiff cross profile in the hoist technique is due to our innovation.
As one of the biggest and most modern manufacturers we are based on experience and can look back on a long tradition. Today we are the worlds leading chain manufacturer. In all countries of the world our products and services ensure a safe and sustainable use.
Advantages of pewag hoist chains
- Produced on state-of-the-art chain production machines for high dimensional accuracy and tight tolerances to ensure smooth run of the chains in the chain wheels.
- Heat treated in environment friendly continous working heat treatment systems for uniform hardness and strength of each individual chain link.
- High corrosion resistance and consistent quality of the zinc layer due to electrogalvanizing on pewag developed continous working galvanizing
- Assurance of the high quality of pewag hoist chains in accordance with ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance system.
- Stamped with a five-digit identification number ensuring traceability of production data and quality checks down to the input material.
- For our customers: Research in cooperation with
- Technical University Graz
- University for mining, metallurgy and materials Leoben
- Ruhr-University Bochum
Profile steel chains
pewag ist the first hoist chain manufacturer to offer profile chains for hoists. Profile chains have several advantages, compared with round-steel-chains.
- 7% smaller chain diameter compared to round steel chains with same cross section areas. This is enabling a smaller chain drive and finally a smaller hoist
- Increased bending resistance of the intelligent profile section provides a higher fatigue resistance and higher safety factor against fatigue breakages
- Increased wear life time due to plane contact areas between chain, chain wheel and chain guide